Website Navigation for Screen Readers

Click to Return to Homepage

I regularly speak and email with colleagues at other academic institutions, including foreign institutions. We discuss scientific issues of interest to us, and we often co-author papers together. These activities are not in furtherance of an NIH grant. Should I include these informal collaborations as Other Support?

Yes. When informal collaborations rise to the level of co-authorship on academic papers, you should disclose that activity as Other Support. You can list this activity as “informal collaborative activity with__,” listing the names of your collaborators.


Johns Hopkins University
Research Administration

1101 E. 33rd Street, B001
Baltimore, MD 21218

(443) 927-3073
Email: jhura@jhu.eduSend an email to


  • Contact Us

    • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
  • Website Footer Navigation