Website Navigation for Screen Readers

Click to Return to Homepage


JHURA Agreement Workflow System

The JHURA Agreement Workflow System (JAWS) is the Johns Hopkins University Research Administration’s (JHURA’s) centralized, on-line database for tracking and managing all sponsored agreements, including negotiation, workflow and document storage. To see the status of an agreement, search by PI name, sponsor or a number of other fields.

JAWS allows departments to view and monitor the stages of an Award Life Cycle: agreement creation, negotiation and processing of sponsored agreements managed by JHURA.

To use the JHURA Agreement Workflow System:

    1. Make sure you have a JAWS account – click here to request an account.
    2. Complete the JAWS Intake Form by logging into JAWS. Instructions for completing the form can be found here.
    3. JHURA will review the Intake Form. If there are any discrepancies in the Intake Form, it will be returned to the Requestor for editing.
    4. The Intake Form will become a new record.
    5. Records can be viewed anytime by logging into JAWS. All users with a valid JHED account will be able to access JAWS on a read-only level for their assigned department.


New JAWS Intake Process FAQs

  • I am having a JAWS system error.

    Clear your web browser cache and restart your computer. If you continue to have issues, email jhura@jhu.edu.

  • I am not sure which PI to select from the dropdown list.

    Every JHU faculty, staff, student, etc. has a unique JHED ID, so when in doubt compare the JHED ID of the person listed in the record.

  • I don’t know if my agreement is funded or unfunded.

    Refer to the JAWS Intake Guide, Appendix B, or feel free to reach out to your JHURA contact.

  • I don’t know my Institute Proposal Number (IPN) or how to find it.

    Refer to the ORIS Snapshot “How to Find Linked Records in Fibi“.

  • I have a Master Agreement and I don’t know if it’s considered funded or unfunded.

    Master Agreements are considered unfunded. These are still treated as unfunded agreements. For the question “Do you have an approved Coeus Institute Proposal number?” select No. You will be able to manually enter the Coeus IPN in the next screen.

  • I have a Material Transfer Agreement (MTA). Who should I contact?

    MTAs are handled by JHTV.

  • I have an unfunded agreement, but the sponsor doesn’t show up in the drop-down field.

    Choose SPONSOR PENDING and add a note with the Sponsor’s name. We will create a Sponsor in JAWS.

  • My attachments will not save or my record was rejected due to missing attachments that I thought I saved.

    Please make sure you are clicking the Upload button (located under the Select File box) each time you upload a file.


Johns Hopkins University
Research Administration

1101 E. 33rd Street, C310
Baltimore, MD 21218

(443) 927-3073
Email: jhura@jhu.eduSend an email to jhura@jhu.edu

  • Contact Us

    • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
  • Website Footer Navigation