Website Navigation for Screen Readers

Click to Return to Homepage

Who is eligible to serve as Principal Investigator (PI) in a proposal?

Eligibility varies by School. Generally speaking, Professor Track faculty, Scientist Track faculty and, in some cases, Research Associate Track faculty can be listed as Principal Investigator (PI) on projects. Post-docs can only be listed as PI on post-doc fellowships. Graduate students cannot be PIs on proposals or awards. Contact your JHURA Associate for more information.


Johns Hopkins University
Research Administration

1101 E. 33rd Street, B001
Baltimore, MD 21218

(443) 927-3073
Email: jhura@jhu.eduSend an email to


  • Contact Us

    • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
  • Website Footer Navigation