' Managing Outside Appointments | JHURA

Website Navigation for Screen Readers

Click to Return to Homepage

Managing Outside Appointments

How to manage outside appointments

Faculty members must not accept offers of appointments at outside institutions (e.g., universities, institutes of higher education, research institutes, corporations or similar organizations) until written approval is granted by the faculty member’s respective Dean’s Office. In some cases, the commitment to the outside institution may require a reduction in the faculty member’s FTE appointment at the University. Faculty members should complete the standard request form for their division and submit it to their Department Administrator and/or Chair for review before an appointment can be considered.Once the review is complete, the application will be forwarded to their Vice Dean. The Dean’s office will coordinate the review with other offices and make a final decision regarding the proposed appointment.

Please follow the links below for the specific instructions and application forms for each division of the University:

Carey Business School (CBS)
Johns Hopkins School of Public Health (JHSPH)
Krieger School of Arts and Sciences (KSAS)
School of Nursing – Foreign and Domestic Institutions (SON)
School of Nursing – Outside Institution (SON)
School of Medicine (SOM)
Whiting School of Engineering (WSE)


Johns Hopkins University
Research Administration

1101 E. 33rd Street, C310
Baltimore, MD 21218

(443) 927-3073
Email: jhura@jhu.eduSend an email to jhura@jhu.edu

  • Contact Us

    • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
  • Website Footer Navigation