Website Navigation for Screen Readers

Click to Return to Homepage

In my school faculty have a 9-month appointment. If I spend two months at a University outside of the United States during the summer conducting research under a foreign award, what approvals do I need and what do I have to report? Does this count as Other Support?

Yes. Available resources in support of and/or related to an investigator’s research endeavors should be disclosed even if they relate to work that is performed outside of a researcher’s appointment period. Before you accept an appointment to work at a foreign institution, even during the summer months, you must obtain approval from your Dean’s office following the process for your school.


Johns Hopkins University
Research Administration

1101 E. 33rd Street, B001
Baltimore, MD 21218

(443) 927-3073
Email: jhura@jhu.eduSend an email to


  • Contact Us

    • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
  • Website Footer Navigation